Common iPhone 8 Problems and How to Fix Them
Issue: Swelling battery
You could have seen some stories about iPhone 8 Plus batteries swelling up and inflicting the display screen to detach from the physique of the gadget. The first report, picked up by TNW appears to have centered on an iPhone 8 Plus in Taiwan, however MacRumors has since reported a number of extra related incidents in Japan, Canada, and Greece. It’s not clear how widespread the difficulty is, nevertheless it seems to be a comparatively uncommon prevalence.
- Apple is investigating this, however if you happen to encounter an analogous downside there’s actually just one plan of action: Contact Apple and get a alternative handset.
Problem: Crackling earpiece
Several iPhone 8 and 8 Plus house owners have been complaining a couple of crackling earpiece throughout calls. A repetitive, intermittent static sound or distortion makes it troublesome to hear correctly throughout regular calls and FaceTime calls. The downside has popped up on the Apple support forum, on Reddit, and elsewhere.
- Wait for a software program replace. Apple has acknowledged this situation and informed The Verge, “We are aware of the issue which is affecting customers in a small number of cases. Our team is at work on a fix, which will be included in an upcoming software release.”
- Reportedly it’s mounted within the iOS 11.1 developer beta. If you will have a developer account, you’ll be able to strive it out by way of the Download New Betas tab after signing in at developer.apple.com.
- It’s potential there’s a separate, however related downside to do with touching the earpiece, in accordance to this Reddit post. If that’s your situation, then you could want to contact Apple a couple of alternative handset.
Glitch: App Store retains refreshing
If you load up the App Store and discover that it simply repeatedly refreshes each few seconds, then you aren’t alone. We encountered this downside on our iPhone 8 assessment unit, nevertheless it has been reported elsewhere and it doesn’t appear to be confined to Apple’s newest units.
- A easy restart was sufficient to get our iPhone 8 again on monitor. Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and slide to energy off. Then press the Sleep/Wake button to flip your iPhone again on. We haven’t seen this situation return.
- Some folks had success by signing out of their account and again in once more. Go to Settings and faucet in your identify on the prime, then iTunes & App Store > Apple ID and select Sign out. Tap Sign In and enter your particulars to signal again in and then strive the App Store once more.
Issue: Screen unresponsive or frozen
There have been a number of reports on the Apple forums concerning the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus turning into unresponsive and freezing on the lock display screen or the house display screen. Unusually, in a number of of those instances, a few of the buttons and sure gestures nonetheless work, however every little thing else is frozen.
- Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and then slide to energy off, assuming it really works. Press the Sleep/Wake button to flip it again on once more.
- The power restart methodology has modified for the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. You should press and shortly launch the Volume Up button, then press and shortly launch the Volume Down button, then press and maintain the Sleep/Wake button till you see the Apple brand.
- If the issue returns after a restart, then backup something treasured and strive wiping your iPhone, then restoring your backup. Check out how to factory reset an iPhone for full directions.
- If you’ve tried a manufacturing facility reset and then restored your backup and the issue returns, then it may very well be one thing in your backup that’s inflicting it. Try manufacturing facility resetting your iPhone 8 and set it up as a brand new gadget, then check to see if the issue is gone.
- Still no pleasure? It’s time to contact Apple or head into an Apple Store and ask a couple of restore or alternative.
If you discover that your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus is getting very warm, and even hot, to the contact, then there’s usually no cause to panic. We discovered that our iPhone 8 acquired extremely popular when taking part in AR video games, however it may possibly additionally get heat while you’re first setting it up, restoring a backup, or utilizing GPS and a sport concurrently, like with Pokémon Go. If it will get too scorching, the iPhone 8 is designed to disable sure options, just like the flash, show a temperature warning on display screen, and shut itself off.
- The apparent factor to do is take a break from utilizing it till it cools down.
- If you’ll be able to go to a cooler setting, then achieve this. Leaving your iPhone 8 on the sprint in your automobile on a scorching day, for instance, might trigger an issue.
- If you will have an iPhone 8 case or cover, then contemplate eradicating it to permit the warmth to dissipate quicker.
- Try turning off any features you aren’t utilizing. For instance, go to Settings > Privacy and toggle Location Services off.
- If you’re in an space with poor sign, then it could be value swiping up to open the Control Center and tapping the Cellular Data icon to flip it off. Just bear in mind to flip it on once more later.
- Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and then slide to energy off. Press the Sleep/Wake button to flip it again on once more.
- The most definitely wrongdoer for overheating is a selected app or sport, so listen to what’s operating when it occurs and contemplate uninstalling something problematic.