Google has began to roll out closing and people version of Android 8.0 Oreo to compatible Nexus and Pixel devices. Can not Await the OTA to arrive? Here is complete guide on How to install Android 8.0 oreo in your own Pixel and Nexus devices straight away.
“Smarter, faster and stronger than ever. The world’s favorite cookie is the new favorite Android launch.”
Notice: you are able to follow these steps of any of those supported Nexus devices to manually flash Android 8.0 Oreo. Simply download the suitable factory Images from here, and follow these steps to upgrade your supported devices to Oreo straight away. You can see here list of all supported Android 8 devices:
- Google Pixel
- Google Pixel XL
- Nexus 6P
- Nexus 5X
- Nexus Player
- Pixel C
Follow these steps Before installation of Android 8.0 Oreo OPR6:
- Produce a backup of all of your important data.
- Make certain ADB / Fastboot is configured and properly installed on your personal computer.
- Download and install USB drivers to your device in your PC.
- The boot-loader ought to be unlocked.
- Enable USB debugging choice from pressing on Menu > Settings > Programs. Make Sure that USB Debugging is enabled by Navigating and tapping on Developer Options.
- Eventually, make sure that your Nexus or Pixel has more than 70 percent of charge.
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Pixel and Nexus Devices:
- Connect your telephone to your PC with a USB cable and then turn off it.
- Now, begin the device in Fastboot manner: Press and hold Volume Down and then press and hold the Power crucial (have a look at the proper key combination on your devices here).
- Extract the downloaded Oreo file anywhere on your computer. Proceed into _OPR6_ folder and copy/paste all of the documents into a Fastboot directory (that frequently will be the platform-tools folder within the Android SDK directory).
- This measure entails flashing the factory images to your device. Open the folder containing the factory images extracted. Open cmd and write the command composed below and press enter.
Windows: Run flash-all. bat
On Mac: Run flash-all.sh using terminal
Linux: Run flash-all.sh
- Your device will now reboot after installing Android 8.0 Oreo.
Not sure? Check out all the steps and details over at Google. But if you are not certain about rooting Android 8.0 Oreo in your devices, you need to await the OTA to arrive due to the fact that many users have already reported getting the 950MB hefty upgrade.
In case you’ve already got the upgrade formally or have flashed it manually, then do not forget to discuss your ideas with us about this newest Android version.